March 26 Announcements
1. If you would like to give toward our ministry, you can visit https://ocbc.life/giving. Connect with us today by clicking here!
2. Easter is just two weeks away on April 9! We plan to have a special Easter service at 11:00a, and that’s the only thing scheduled for that day. We have some Easter invites out at the welcome center that link to a website called EasterinOrting.com, which is a website we’ve set up for our Easter service. Please take a couple invites and look for ways to hand them out this week.
3. Last October, we had a special family conference with Dr. Dave Teis and those messages can still be found on our YouTube channel. THIS YEAR, we have scheduled another mini conference that is taking place at the end of April — Monday, April 24th and Tuesday, April 25th, and we have a special guest speaker, Pastor Cary Schmidt, whose going to be speaking to us biblically on the topic of emotional health. We want to introduce you to him through a short video…..VIDEO….
We think that this will be very beneficial to us! We’re asking that you register if you plan to come. This is free and free for anyone that you invite! We plan to give away 2 books, 1 each night of the conference. We also plan to host a meal before the conference each night. When you register, please mark if you plan to come to the meals as well. REGISTER HERE!
4. On Saturdays, at 10:00a, Holly Rule has been leading a ladies bible study here at the church. They just finished up studying through the book of James, and will beginning a new book study on April 8 on the book of Jude! All ladies are encouraged to attend!
5. We’re also excited to host our LADIES GATHERING event coming up on May 12, which is a Friday! Our theme this year is “Strength in Unity” and we’re excited to meet back at Edlynn Farm in Graham just like we did last year. We’ve invited several other local area churches to come and join us, and we’re planning to have a meal, fellowship, door prizes, some crafting, a time of worship, and a unifying message from Jacki Gore.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking here, and there are a couple cut off dates for the ticket prices. We’d love for all of our ladies to join us!
One more NOTE - We also have an OCBC Ladies Facebook private group that we post on sometimes. You can click here to join the group if you'd like.
6. Tonight, there will be Easter Choir Practice at 4:30p, the 7th-12th Graders will be meeting at 5:30p, and then at 6:00p, Pastor Chris will continue his Question and Answer interviews where you can better get to know some of your church family.
7. Don’t forget that afterwards tonight, is a birthday dessert gathering for anyone whose birthday falls in either January, February, or March. Stay around after the events tonight for some cake and some fellowship. If someone in your house has a birthday in those months, your whole house is invited to come!